Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
The Division Marketing Manager works closely with field sales leadership to plan and execute local marketing initiatives supporting national brand marketing programs, product category strategies and local sales objectives. This includes support of promotions, events, media and sponsorship opportunities, sales tools/content and merchandising activities.
The position objectives are to create customer demand via prospecting (acquiring new customers), reactivation (of lost customers), and retaining existing customers by growing awareness, driving product category programs and building customer relationship and loyalty.
The Division Marketing Manager is expected to work with other Division Marketing Managers to gain alignment in driving business goals and ensure return on investment.
The Division Marketing Manager will also work cross-functionally with Product Category, Brand Communications and Functional Marketing Teams to execute programs on a local basis.
- Actively participate in meetings with regional sales team and supplier partners to align marketing & sales strategies and communicate best practices.
- Build relationships with product category leaders, brand communications team and divisional selling teams to plan and execute programs effectively.
- Create and execute annual Division marketing plan(s) and calendar(s) including activities such as promotions, events, media and sponsorship opportunities, sales tools/content and merchandising activities.
- Analyze marketing activities to gauge impact and report ROI.
- Manage and report marketing budgets and financials.
- Establish goals, identify priorities and provide direction to functional teams to ensure effective program execution.
- Represent the company and brand with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Outgoing personality with excellent communications skills to engage internal and external customers.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor.
Skills We Are Seeking
- 5-7 years in marketing or marketing/advertising agency role
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of sales process
- Great communication skills, including presenting and training abilities.
- Planning and project management skills
- Able to travel nationally and within the assigned division up to 25%
- Ability to build a team environment
- Entrepreneurial personality a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Marketing or Advertising agency experience preferred
- Green Industry or Distribution experience a plus
- Lead functional team (events, promotions, sponsorships) to execute local marketing plans
- Development and implementation of strategic weekly, monthly, quarterly meetings aligned with corporate and local goals.
- Report best practices and provide recommendations to optimize marketing programs
- Increase tracking, measurement and effectiveness of marketing programs.
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.