Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
The Manager of Operations Excellence, reporting to the Senior Director of Operations Excellence, will partner with corporate field leadership team to drive operational excellence and create a sustainable continuous improvement culture across the organization, specifically with store operations. The purpose of this role is to define and “roll out” gold standards to improve customer experience and drive bottom-line improvement. The key objective of this role, with other cross-functional professionals, is to improve, modify and/or transform store/field operations to provide the best customer experience possible.
The individual will champion operational excellence by leading the transformation, education and culture change of the enterprise using transformational techniques. In this role, the manager will lead process improvements to meet business needs, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term strategic and operational planning, and contribute to the overall performance of the business.
KEY FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- Create operational excellence by participating in large scale transformations, analytical assessment and definition of gold standards within store/field operations.
- Assist field leadership in the development of strategic continuous improvement plans for their B2B businesses and store operations.
- Drive change within the organization to enable SiteOne to continuously improve performance, which includes the transformation roadmap and creating a visual workplace.
- Establish a Continuous Improvement culture through the deployment of SiteOne’s operating systems coupled with a strong customer-oriented strategy.
- Assist in the execution of a lean transformation plan that provides delivery of goals and metrics.
- Participate in projects and events which address corporate, region and branch value-at-stake opportunities, helping to drive improvements in all facets of the operations.
- Accountable for developing appropriate KPI’s and operations metrics, lean strategy, execution.
- Provide event follow-up to monitor the progress of planned improvement implementation to assure timely action, appropriate support, and achievement of expected tangible benefits.
- Identify short-, mid-, and long-term wins that will transform the culture and produce results.
- Use appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document improvements.
Skills We Are Seeking
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- The Ideal candidate is consultant, observing processes and procedures and aggregating. Quarterback of everything operations and a self-starter.
- Able to gather the data, build the model, and also a gatekeeper.
- High energy, data driven, and results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent change management skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- An M.B.A., or other relevant advanced degree, training or certification preferred.
- 5+ years of experience driving lean transformation with proven results.
- Experience from consulting, distribution and /or retail organization.
- B2B customer strategy for store/field operations highly desirable.
- Distribution experience.
- Transformation, Lean, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt/Master Black Belt experience.
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.