Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
We’re looking for a creative thinker with excellent writing skills to help us elevate our brand as our full-time, in-house copywriter. As a member of the creative team, our copywriter will write and edit for a variety of projects including print, web, mobile, video, and some social media, working closely with the accounts and design teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging. The most successful copywriter will be a quick learner with a versatile writing style and desire to be part of close-knit team.
Agency experience and previous work for clients in the landscaping, building materials, construction, agriculture, or green industries is a plus. Applicants are asked to submit writing samples or links to published works with resume.
Objectives of this Role:
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by theline of business , brand, or target audience at hand
- Self-starter with ability to anticipate integrated content needs based on the creative brief
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creative concepts through execution on assigned brands
- Engaging with integrated and product marketing teams as clientele. Translating the tactics outlined in the annual promotions and editorial calendars into effective content.
- Brainstorming creative campaigns and fresh ideas with marketing teams
- Research and understand the client's needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in-person meetings
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal teamand client representative as needed; participate in occasional client pitches
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
Skills We Are Seeking
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications
- Minimum 3-5 years professional copywriting experience in advertising/marketing as a writer or editor with solid portfolio of work
- Exceptional writing and research skill
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, self-manage workload and prioritize deadlines
- Expert knowledge of the English language, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Knowledge of digital content SEO
- Quick learner of workflow and proofing platforms like InMotion Ignite
- Social media or content marketing experience a plus
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION. #LI-CR1