Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun! #LI-CR1
The Sr. Events Manager works closely with the Divisional Marketing Director, Divisional Marketing Managers and SiteOne leadership to develop event strategies and execute over 700 events a year. Site One events include customer events such as Branch Events, SiteOne University Training Events, Trips & Charity Events, plus meetings and events for SiteOne Associates.
The Sr. Event Manager will lead a team of event planners in developing event strategies, playbooks, tools, process and content aimed at driving a consistent, high-quality event experience for customers and internal stakeholders.
Events are a critical touch point in the SiteOne customer experience and requires strong strategy, organization and leadership to execute at a high-quality.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with field marketing leaders, field sales leaders and key leadership positions.
- Create and execute strategies for each event type (12) at SiteOne including categories such as: Branch Events, Training Events, Customer Trips and National and Local Sales Meetings
- Identify tools, process and resources needed to plan and execute a high-volume of varying event types – consistently
- Execute events including: experience design, budget development and management, location sourcing and contract negotiation, logistics and travel management, internal and external communications, vendor relationship management, event registration management
- Analyze event performance to gauge event ROI and drive program optimization
- Establish goals, identify priorities, provide direction, give the necessary tools and resources and recognize accomplishments of team in a timely manner.
- Represent the company and brand with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
Skills We Are Seeking
- Outgoing personality with excellent communications skills to engage internal and external customers.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years in event planning or event management field
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or equivalent experience
- Experience with event technologies such as registration platforms and virtual event tools
- Great communication skills, including presenting and training abilities
- Planning and project management skills
- Able to travel nationally and within the assigned division up to 60%
- Ability to build a team environment
- Entrepreneurial personality a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Green Industry or Distribution experience a plus
- Ability to lead periodic project status/update meetings
- Report best practices and provide recommendations to optimize event programs
- Increase tracking, measurement and effectiveness of event programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.