Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun! #LI-CR1
This position functions as a key member of the Corporate Accounting team and includes extensive involvement in the month end close process, account reconciliations, and financial reporting support. This individual will work directly with business partners in the field as well as finance to resolve issues, ensure compliance, and provide reporting assistance. This position is expected to play an important role in the company’s internal control activities in support of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Bank Reconciliation/Treasury Support– carry out the monthly bank reconciliations, payment verification and research. Also perform accounting duties of varying degrees of complexity related to the month end close, account reconciliations, internal and external audit support, reporting and consolidations. Knowledge/prior experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX and BlackLine is a plus.
Significant duties include:
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Research and reconcile NSFs and Credit Card Chargebacks.
- Ensure selected general ledger accounts accurately reflect transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare timely and accurate account reconciliations for selected accounts.
- Prepare schedules and journal entries as assigned to facilitate timely monthly close.
- Assist with interim and annual audits, preparation of supporting schedules, analyses and audited financial statement documentation.
- Ensure controls and procedural compliance for Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Research accounting issues as needed.
- Assist with process improvement and expanded use of technology, including enhanced use of the Microsoft Dynamics AX accounting system.
- Reporting and Analysis – ensure the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data. This individual will provide analysis and reporting for selected balance sheet accounts, Capital Expenditure reporting, as well as assistance with project work and ad-hoc reporting as necessary.
- Policies and Procedures – develop, document, implement, and maintain systems, procedures and policies to ensure proper internal control and compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, including periodic controls documentation updates and testing.
- Acquisitions – assist with the purchase accounting and integrations of acquired companies.
Skills We Are Seeking
- Drives Execution – demonstrates personal commitment and drive to set and then meet or exceed high standards and objectives.
- Decisiveness & Judgment – selects clear and sometimes bold choices from among complex alternatives in a timely; but, fact-based manner.
- Mature Confidence – demonstrates self-awareness, and manages his or her emotions in the face of controversy, while staying focused on larger goals.
- Influences Others – promotes ideas and proposals persuasively, shaping people’s opinions.
- Innovative Mindset – generates and delivers innovative solutions in work situations.
- Customer Orientation – ensures that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities.
- Builds Collaboration – Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work and business goals.
- Technical Accounting Knowledge – demonstrates knowledge of and applies relevant US GAAP, emerging accounting and finance issues.
- Finance & Accounting Systems & Processes – demonstrates knowledge of the financial systems throughout the organization.
- Planning & Organizing Skills – effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
- Communication Skills – communicates effectively through oral or written means.
- Functions as a Business Partner – understands the internal and external issues facing business unit clients and uses that understanding to forge partnerships and achieve goals.
- BS in Accounting or comparable business degree is required.
- CPA or CPA track is preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in an accounting role.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX or similar scale ERP platforms.
- Experience with BlackLine Transaction Matching Module
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience is preferred.