Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
In partnership with the Area Manager, drive performance and growth for all stakeholders in the assigned area through world-class store sales and operations and effective interaction with suppliers, outside sellers and customers to achieve customer value excellence and exceed overall performance expectations. Champion select best practices within the region and participate in company-wide initiatives.
KEY FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
1. Build a Great Team:
- Create a positive, challenging and exciting environment which is conducive to high-performance, teamwork, a great place to work and long-term retention of top talent
- Recruit, train and develop top talent in key positions within the Area
- Determine individual strengths and weaknesses and actively coach and mentor your leaders/associates to achieve high performance and to facilitate their long-term career development at SiteOne
- Ensure strong teamwork within and across store and with outside sellers
2. Deliver Customer Value:
- Achieve customer value excellence by setting high expectations for all store teams in terms of product, service and partnership while ensuring that best-practice structures, systems and processes are consistently executed
- Ensure that all members of the store team are well-trained in customer value best practices and facilitate a culture whereby every team member is obsessed with customer success.
- Spend personal time with customers on an ongoing basis in order to gain accurate feedback, discover improvement opportunities and assess progress on customer value
- Measure and track customer value and hold teams accountable for meeting or exceeding expectations
3. Achieve Performance, Growth and Safety Results:
- Create an incident-free environment by involving all associates, promoting a strong safety culture, achieving excellent housekeeping and workplace organization and executing clear safety policies
- Execute key strategic initiatives to drive high performance through best practices and achieve the desired sales and profit growth and return on assets.
- Set effective financial and operational goals and continuously monitor key performance metrics to ensure accountability for results and consistently re-prioritize initiatives and resources to the largest opportunities
- Be a visible leader out in the store who reinforces key priorities through action and holds store managers accountable for meeting high expectations for all stakeholders
4. Drive Continuous Improvement:
- As lead Change Agent – analyze, quantify, prioritize and drive ongoing high-leverage performance improvement initiatives across the area. Maximize associate input and involvement and closely track progress to evaluate results
- Encourage your teams to try new ideas and take fact-based risks to improve performance
- Facilitate idea sharing within and across store to include team brainstorming of difficult issues in order to develop creative and robust solutions.
- Effectively utilize regional and SiteOne resources to gain new ideas, help understand best practices and/or to help execute new improvements in the area
- Maintain awareness of local competition and customer dynamics to identify and capitalize on opportunities
5. Build Business Acumen:
- Build a winning “best practice” knowledge base for achieving excellence. Understand thoroughly and specifically which levers to pull in order to achieve excellence for all stakeholders
- Thoroughly understand the company operating and financial reports and be able to quickly identify positive/negative business trends and determine root causes to issues
- Be an active and effective coach to store managers and associates to enable them to achieve best practices
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the area market to include end user trends, customers, competitors, suppliers and key market drivers
- Effectively utilize regional, SiteOne, and/or industry resources to achieve continuous education on relevant topics and stay current in best operating practices
6. Develop Winning Strategies:
- Work with Area Manager to develop a clear, fact-based and quantified view or where to compete, how to compete and who to compete in order to drive long-term profit growth in the area
- Convert strategies into specific and prioritized action plans that are communicated and understood by all associates and systematically executed
- Use performance metrics to rack progress and continuously adjust strategies to maximize opportunities that develop and/or to adjust to changing market conditions
- Align strategic goals and talent to enable succession planning - “right people in the right place at the right time” to achieve desired business results
Skills We Are Seeking
- High School or secondary diploma or equivalent required
- Degree in Business / Management discipline or equivalent experience preferred
- P&L experience – 2 years minimum
- 4 or more years of managerial experience including leadership, issue resolution, motivation and team building preferred
- 4 to 7 years of experience managing a nursery or irrigation retail sales store preferred
- 4 to 7 years of experience in retail nursery and irrigation industry preferred
- Excellent communication, customer service and leadership skills
- Understand sales and operations planning process, statistical demand forecasting and integration of demand plans and supply plans
- Understanding of accounting fundamentals, such as debits, credits, accounts receivable/payable and budgets
- Expert knowledge of nursery, irrigation and landscape products and practices
- Expert understanding of managing product inventory
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.