Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
The Product Marketing Director is a critical member of the Marketing leadership team who is responsible for understanding category initiatives, building a marketing strategy to support and partnering with the integrated marketing team to build compelling marketing plans that support key lines of business. The role is accountable for positioning SiteOne as the destination for supplies that landscaping professionals need to be successful. This position will be focused on relationships with the category teams, suppliers and the field, to drive the business forward.
The director will work closely with the Integrated Marketing Director as well as the Divisional Marketing Director to plan and execute marketing initiatives. This role will bring the product perspective to the team and understand all priorities, messages, launches, promotional strategy and key customer segments to be successful in this role.
The ideal candidate will have a proven history of influencing others across organizations and solving business problems through creative executions.
The position objectives are to lead the team in creating category demand via compelling communication, promotions and launches that drive the customer to partner with SiteOne.
- Build relationships with product category leaders, integrated marketing and the divisional marketing team to build and execute programs effectively.
- Passionately drive the SiteOne brand across the enterprise.
- Understand category nuances, priorities and key messages to build campaigns and marketing plans that deliver results.
- Lead and develop a highly functioning team. Establish goals, identify priorities, provide direction, give the necessary tools and resources and recognize accomplishments in a timely manner.
- Develop compelling product strategies that lead to campaigns that meet business objectives and deliver results.
- Create meaningful promotional strategies that drive demand.
- Understand the customer perspective and what is important to them.
- Drive an ROI mindset across the marketing organization – measure everything.
- Understand business challenges and creatively problem solve.
- Partner with the category team to drive the business forward.
Skills We Are Seeking
- Outgoing personality with excellent communications skills to engage internal and external customers.
- Leadership and the ability to collaborate.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 8 - 10 years in marketing or at a marketing agency
- Experience working with product teams.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or equivalent experience
- Great communication skills, including presenting and training abilities.
- Planning and project management skills
- Able to travel nationally and within the assigned division up to 20%
- Ability to build a team environment
- Entrepreneurial personality a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Marketing or Advertising agency experience preferred
- Green Industry or Distribution experience a plus
- Report best practices and provide recommendations to optimize marketing programs
- Increase tracking, measurement and effectiveness of marketing programs.
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.