Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
Reporting to the EVP & General Counsel, the Director of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), is responsible for developing and implementing the Company’s strategy to enhance safety and reduce incidents, leading the Company’s safety and environmental team, developing and implementing effective injury prevention programs and training, reducing workers’ compensation costs and ensuring compliance with company policies, standards and regulatory requirements.
The Director of Environmental Health and Safety will partner closely with all levels of SiteOne Landscape Supply’s leadership team and operations to strengthen the EH&S culture and improve performance. They are responsible for helping to build consistency throughout the company by providing functional/technical expertise to SiteOne operations.
The successful candidate must have experience with EH&S management system implementation, leading incident investigations, training with management and hourly personnel, conducting EH&S audits and driving cultural change. Experience developing and implementing forward thinking processes that have enhanced the EH&S culture, reduced safety incidents and demonstrated improved performance are essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the development and implementation of SiteOne’s Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) Management System including the EH&S self-assessment process
- Assist with the development of SiteOne’s S&H policies, standards and model programs
- Assist with the development and delivery of SiteOne’s S&H education and training programs, e.g. EH&S Leadership training, S&H 101 for site S&H personnel, (monthly, weekly and annual training) etc.
- Assist with developing SiteOne’s injury and incident prevention initiatives
- Assist sites with investigating recordable incidents and managing the review and corrective actions process
- Assist with the development and implementation of the SiteOne’s and site-specific injury reduction plans
- Assist during M&A activity and acquisition integration activities
- Participate in SiteOne’s Environmental, Health & Safety audits as required
- Provide EH&S updates to Senior Leadership
- Assist with SiteOne’s Governance, e.g. meeting presentations and follow up
- Analyze H&S data for trends and develop improvement plans
- Assist sites with preparing and responding to regulatory inquiries/notices of violations by federal, state, provincial and governmental safety and health authorities
- Routinely visit branches to provide safety compliance assistance and coaching and assess compliance with applicable safety regulations and company policies.
- Assist sites with process safety management
- Leverage operational excellence principles in developing and implementing global safety strategies.
- Manage a team of 3-5 environmental, health & safety managers, professionals, and coordinators.
Skills We Are Seeking
- BS Safety Engineering, Safety Sciences, Safety Management, Engineering or similar
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred
- 10 plus years of environmental, health & safety management experience in multi-location manufacturing/industrial environment, 3 years minimum leadership experience
- Experience developing and implementing S&H Management Systems
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong presentation, training and facilitation skills are essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exemplary customer service skills and attention to detail
- Significant knowledge of U.S. Safety & Health laws and regulations and International requirements desired
- Experience with forklift and heavy machinery safety programs preferred
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.