Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
The Branch Manager- Nursery is responsible for building a winning team and knowledge base for achieving excellence in all facets of branch operations including inventory management, team development, customer value, and overall financial performance and growth. The Branch Manager Nursery brings his/her expertise in plant knowledge and care to this role in branch leadership. This role works in collaboration with area leadership to meet or exceed goals set forth in terms of revenue, customer satisfaction, and associate succession planning.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team and recruit top talent to determine individual strengths and weaknesses of branch associates. Actively coach and mentor to achieve high performance and to facilitate their long-term career development at SiteOne.
- Train and coach all branch associates in customer value best practices and facilitate a culture whereby every team member is obsessed with customer success.
- Create an incident-free environment by emphasizing safety daily through leading by example. Promote a strong safety culture through workplace organization, training and executing policies.
- Thoroughly understand and translate company operating and financial data and be able to quickly identify business trends and determine root causes.
- Set effective goals and monitor key performance metrics to assess daily, weekly and monthly progress and to track improvement initiatives. Implement area strategy and develops a complimentary branch strategy to achieve excellent performance and growth and customer value
- Use/Analyze performance metrics to track progress and continuously adjust strategies to achieve area goals in light of changing market conditions
Skills We Are Seeking
- High School or equivalent required
- Higher education degree preferred
- 4 to 7 years of managerial experience including leadership, issue management, motivation and team building preferred
- 5-10 years experience in a nursery environment and then Degree in horticulture preferred
- Understands sales and operations planning process, demand forecasting and integration of demand plans and supply plans
- Excellent communication, customer service and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of business accounting and P&L statements
- Knowledge of market preferences, competition, regulations and trends
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.