Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
The SiteOne Product Management team is searching for a Product Data Specialist to join our team. The Product Data Specialist works closely with category managers, business analysts, various other departments and suppliers in gathering and maintaining master item data, application data and digital assets for SiteOne.
- Entry of product data information into relevant systems
- Work closely with the Category Management Team to ensure complete and accurate product data information is collected from Vendors and other sources
- Communicates with cross-functional teams, internal and external stakeholders to resolve data issues
- Develop an ownership approach to ensure that accurate data information is collected and disseminated in a timely and efficient manner
- Identify business critical data elements that are missing and determine best approach to obtain missing information (i.e. product descriptions, dimensions, digital images, etc.)
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation as required
- Prepare and present periodic progress reports to identified stakeholders of the process
- Recommend and develop continuous improvements to processes that impact product data information ingestion and maintenance
Skills We Are Seeking
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Must demonstrate good organizational and follow-up skills and work independently with minimal supervision, including ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving capabilities and excellent customer service
- Ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing environment while adhering to tight schedules.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Software required, especially Excel
- Ability to quickly learn and use job specific computer applications.
- Must demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills, including ability to read, analyze and interpret general business information and write business correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with team members.
- Ability to cultivate relationships across functions in order to achieve business objectives.
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.