Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
The Senior Financial Analyst, reporting to the Director of FP&A, will play a key role as finance business partner to the Division Presidents, Region Vice Presidents, Area Managers, and field support teams. The role will be vital to analyze, influence, and drive improved business performance through root cause variance analysis, KPI driven analytics and trends, benchmarking, and executive level reporting.
- Act as key operations finance business partner (voice of finance) to Division President, Regional Vice Presidents, and field support teams
- Drive annual budget process, monthly and quarterly forecast process
- Analyze daily, weekly, and monthly store, area, and division level financials to identify root cause drivers and explain actual variances to budget, forecast, and prior year
- Detailed revenue and margin analysis including customer and SKU profitability, inventory management, labor productivity, sales force productivity, pricing analysis, and other key margin drivers with the goal to drive financial performance improvement
- Develop operations reports to assist management in targeting key areas of focus
- Prepare executive level presentation materials. Develop clear and informative methods of presenting financial data.
- Typically faces situations that are unstructured and requires original and disciplined approaches.
- Typically requires highly developed interpersonal skills for dealing with sensitive situations
Skills We Are Seeking
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a financial role
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX, Host Analytics, or similar scale ERP and reporting platforms
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Business Partner – Demonstrated ability to understand the issues facing a business and successfully collaborate with business leaders on the development of plans and actions to effectively manage the business
- Time Management – Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete activities while under pressure to complete tight deadlines
- Self-Starter and Leadership – Ability to work independently, bring forward new ideas, lead and drive discussions and resolutions
- Communication – Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to various audiences
- Financial Acumen – Demonstrated ability to understand impact of movements in revenue, cost, and balance sheet items on P&L and cash flow
- Flexible Team-Focused – Demonstrated ability to participate and contribute as a member of a cross-functional team; enjoys and sees the benefit of “wearing many hats”
- Modeling – Demonstrated ability to accurately model the financial aspects and outcomes of business issues using spreadsheet or other tools to an advanced degree
- Systems & Processes – Demonstrated knowledge of financial systems and processes and ability to influence their improvement
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.