Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
The purchasing agent evaluates demand needs at our stores against inventory and manages incoming supply accordingly to drive maximum levels of customer service. Additionally, this role serves as the liaison between our sellers, field managers, suppliers, and freight carriers through the use of analytics and clear concise communication.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Review and analyze daily below-order-point queues and procure products for those stores whose volumes did not meet the auto buy parameters
- Communicate daily with stores regarding purchasing of product and other special needs
- Communicate with vendors regarding product availability and purchase orders
- Assist store manager with special projects, including but not limited to early orders, product promotions and vendor negotiations
- Proactively track purchasing forecast accuracy and communicate with internal teams on adjustments Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures
- Drive continuous improvement for the organization by identifying and researching areas of opportunity, and implementing solutions to reduce cost
- Solutions based problem solver
- Identify and drive analytics around our purchasing activities such as in stock availability by supplier, supplier performance (lead time, fill rate, etc.), swings in purchases in comparison to other time periods, among others
Skills We Are Seeking
- 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in business, supply chain, logistics, economics, or similar focus or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years work experience in supply chain, retail or wholesale environment preferred
- Understanding of purchasing and inventory management philosophies
- Strong analytical skills and excellent customer service skills
- Proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience using Oracle, SAP, JDA or a like ERP system for inventory management a plus
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.