Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
The purchasing agent is a key driver of a positive customer experience at SiteOne stores. Your purpose and objectives in this role are to maintain and improve in-stock availability of product in our stores. In this role, you will work cross functionally within our organization and with external stakeholders with the ultimate goal of improving product availability for our customers.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Manage product needs of a certain vendor, region, or division of our company in our agronomic category of business
- Review and analyze daily below-order-point queues and procure products for those stores whose volumes did not meet auto buy parameters
- Manage daily communication with stores and sales leadership to address urgent customer demand
- Identify and manage relationships with key supplier and field contacts
- Proactively manage and share supplier information regarding product availability and purchase order status
- Collaborate with category managers to align our stocking strategies from a purchasing standpoint
- Manage inventory within our network by transferring available excess to fulfill customer needs
- Maintain product and supplier file information essential for product procurement
Skills We Are Seeking
- 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in business, supply chain, logistics, economics, or similar focus or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years work experience in supply chain, retail or wholesale environment preferred
- Understanding of purchasing and inventory management philosophies
- Strong analytical skills and excellent customer service skills
- Proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience using Oracle, SAP, JDA or a like ERP system for inventory management a plus
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.