Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
With a duel reporting relationship to the EVP HR and the Division President this HR leader will serve as the HR business partner (HRBP) for the South Division. The HR Manager will be an important member of the HR leadership team and will accomplish their objectives while utilizing HR Centers of Excellence (COE’s) which include Talent Acquisition, Talent Development and HR Operations.
This position will work closely with the Division President and their team to develop and execute HR/Talent strategies that will drive key business initiatives/objectives. The HR Manager will work to ensure we have the right talent in the right positions while driving development through all levels of the organization and leveraging HR best practices across the business.
The successful candidate will be an important member of the HR leadership team in an environment where HR is critical to driving performance and creating a great place to work. The individual will be tasked with providing coaching and counsel, planning, project coordination and tactical execution while simultaneously facilitating efficient daily operations to meet the needs of our customers.
This individual must operate as an independent and passionate leader who ensures collaboration and teamwork. He / She will have experience in creating highly effective human resources processes and providing value-added solutions in support of high performing, results-oriented teams. The successful candidate must be a proactive problem solver that’s able to manage and execute multiple projects and establish effective / collaborative relationships with colleagues throughout the organization.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of winning HR strategies in the Division as well as talent development and the improvement of HR processes and procedures
- Supports key leaders as an active business partner and a trusted coach/advisor. Provides HR advice and counsel while respecting local business needs
- Knows the business and translates the challenges and opportunities into appropriate HR priorities
- Proactively identifies HR opportunities and establishes priorities in line with organizational objectives
- Develops and implements HR best practices with a particular focus on attracting, developing, engaging and retaining top talent
- Leverages effective HR tools and processes to build a high performing organization
- Implements effective employee development solutions which target priority capability/skill gaps
- Promotes the creation and usage of robust development plans which include multiple sources of development (i.e., job rotations, project assignments, training, etc.)
- Ensures effective onboarding for all new hires and transfers
- Supports the development of local hiring practices that support the selection of high-quality candidates
- Actively involved with all HR aspects of acquisitions (due diligence and integration)
- Works closely with Talent Acquisition to proactively partner with targeted local professional organizations, technical schools and universities to build a strong talent pipeline
- Responsible for all facets of managing the associate experience including learning and development, rewards, recognition, benefits, talent acquisition, associate engagement, diversity, compliance and safety
- Utilizes strong knowledge of legal and regulatory standards to ensure business practices are compliant as well as to provide relevant information to managers and associates
- Plans, monitors, appraises, resolves problems and implements change
- Contributes HR information, performs analysis, monitors metrics and makes appropriate recommendations for improvement
Skills We Are Seeking
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Human Resources, Business Administration, or Organizational Development or similar field is required
- 5+ years of strong, proactive and results-oriented HR Leadership / Management experience in a multi-location operation
- HR experience successfully partnering and supporting multiple business leaders
- Proven ability to successfully challenge, motivate and partner with a leadership team to foster high performance and lead change in an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Experience Integrating acquisitions and supporting a sales organization is preferred
- Entrepreneurial and passionate about the business they are helping create and support
- A businessperson with strong HR Functional expertise
- Balance of strategic thinking and execution
- Is credible and influential with business leaders - good presence
- Capable of prioritizing and analyzing problems and making timely decisions
- Excellent communication and business partnering skills on all levels within the company
- Strong results orientation with a high passion for continuous improvement and functional excellence
- Self-aware of individual development needs and committed to continuous learning
- Demonstrates resilience and persistence in getting things done
- Bilingual capabilities, both speaking and written preferred (Spanish)
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION