Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
The Manager of Operations Excellence, reporting to the Senior Director of Operations Excellence, will partner with corporate field leadership team to drive operational excellence and create a sustainable continuous improvement culture across the organization, specifically with store operations. The Manager will lead teams of field experts, category associates and other functional associates. The purpose of this team is to define and “roll out” gold standards to improve customer experience and drive bottom-line improvement. The key objective of this team, with other cross-functional professionals, is to improve, modify and/or transform store/field operations to provide the best customer experience possible.
The individual will champion operational excellence by leading the transformation, education and culture change of the enterprise using transformational techniques. In this role, the manager will lead process improvements to meet business needs, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term strategic and operational planning, and contribute to the overall performance of the business.
It should be noted, this position will ideally lead to P&L leadership opportunities within SiteOne, as it can serve as an “in-training” and development role for a number of senior leadership roles based upon superior performance.
KEY FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- Create operational excellence via leading and participating in large scale transformations, analytical assessment and definition of gold standards within store/field operations.
- Assist field leadership in the development of strategic continuous improvement plans for their B2B businesses and store operations.
- Support the selection, training and development of Operational Excellence leads (many indirect reports) deployed throughout the field/store operations.
- Drive change within the organization to enable SiteOne to continuously improve performance, which includes managing the transformation roadmap and creating a visual workplace.
- Establish a Continuous Improvement culture through the deployment of SiteOne’s operating systems coupled with a strong customer-oriented strategy.
- Develop and execute a lean transformation plan that provides delivery of goals and metrics.
- Lead/facilitate projects and events which address corporate, region and branch value-at-stake opportunities, helping to drive improvements in all facets of the operations.
- Accountable for developing appropriate KPI’s and operations metrics, lean strategy, execution.
- Provide event follow-up to monitor the progress of planned improvement implementation to assure timely action, appropriate support, and achievement of expected tangible benefits.
- Identify short-, mid-, and long-term wins that will transform the culture and produce results.
- Use appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document improvements.
- Coach and develop a problem-solving culture at all levels of the organization.
Skills We Are Seeking
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong leadership qualities and experience, some form of P&L, military leadership role, etc.
- Player/Coach leadership approach.
- High energy, data driven, and results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Comfort working with, teaching and/or presenting to large groups at all levels of the organization from branch associates to the CEO to the Board of Directors.
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent change management skills.
- Willingness to travel approximately 50% of the time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- An M.B.A., or other relevant advanced degree, training or certification preferred.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in progressively responsible roles and owned results.
- 10+ years of experience facilitating, coaching and implementing events and driving lean transformation with proven results.
- Experience from consulting, distribution and /or retail organization.
- Proven ability to successfully manage cross functional teams, and implement improvement within an established time frame, then sustain improvements.
- B2B customer strategy for store/field operations highly desirable.
- Distribution experience.
- Transformation, Lean, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt/Master Black Belt experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement