Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
The Area Business Manager- Hardscapes is responsible for a unified / coordinated approach focused on providing an overall strategic plan to grow profit and Hardscapes product line sales in Region 4. The Area Business Manager- Hardscapes is responsible for communicating merchandising, operational standards and growth plans to branch team members. The role would have oversight of 2 hardscape line of business branch locations, including the hardscapes growth strategy for the Detroit MSA. This would include 1 truck dispatcher for 7 delivery trucks, and $7-9 million in business revenue. They are an integral part of the collection and sharing of competitive feedback to Divisional Leadership, the Regional Leadership teams and the Regions Area Managers. The Area Business Manager- Hardscapes will focus their efforts on localized assortments based on the geographic area and demands.
KEY FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- Communicates and assist in implementation of the strategic plan to grow profit and margin in the hardscapes product line.
- Assist the Director of Hardscapes Category Management with marketing plans and their implementation.
- Assist branches in product inventory management with respect to product quality, obsolescence, trends, shortages, and profitability.
- Provides a merchandising plan and standard of operations in hardscapes yard.
- Perform regular visits to branches to evaluate inventory, sales operations, operating standards, provide assistance in staffing assessments.
- Assist as needed in strengthening vendor relationships.
- Coordinates with the field buying to ensure that regional strategies are in line with procurement needs.
- Attends Regional / Divisional management meetings and provides product line analysis and support of the corporate strategy.
- Coordinates marketing strategy to localized media outlets including trade shows, industry magazines and local industry meetings.
- Reinforces company safety standards as well as helping create safety standards that are unique to hardscape branch operations.
- Reports directly to AM and provides a single point of contact for hardscape product business needs and analysis.
Skills We Are Seeking
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Extensive knowledge of industry practices and products.
- Possess outstanding skill in managing product inventory.
- General understanding of accounting fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook.
- Efficient in UE, able to locate product, create transfers, enter bids and order entry
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in a business/management discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four to seven years retail industry experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.