Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
Within SiteOne, a Category Manager is responsible for developing and delivering a profitable growth strategy, operational plan and financial objectives for assigned books of business. Responsibilities include but are not limited; lead and implement appropriate assortment strategies, meeting business performance objectives, continued developing of supplier base, drive supplier negotiations and create overarching operational plans. In addition, this person must be able to work with supply chain, marketing, pricing, IT, finance, merchandising and field resources to drive overall category strategy.
KEY FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- Develop multi-year strategies and business plans for annual, perennial, and flowering bulb product lines. This should be supported by executable initiatives that deliver results in line with short- and long-term goals.
- Identify and maintain preferred and secondary suppliers; drive brand/sku rationalization to streamline and simplify business.
- Identify new products, services and other forms of innovation to be included in our offering.
- Executes product line reviews. Review supplier performance against predetermined score card and lead activities to improve overall financial results.
- Leverages supplier relationships to optimize assortment; work with key support functions to ensure implementation.
- Manages the financial targets for a category and influence assortment guidelines and parameters.
- Recommends product pricing guidelines consistent with overall pricing strategy. Ensures accurate and competitive pricing across the category in partnership with the field and pricing teams.
- Influences supplier strategy and manages the overall supplier portfolio. Recommends strategy on sourcing and developing new suppliers and negotiates advantageous terms.
- Collaborates with Nursery Procurement on forecasting, ensuring all aspects of the supplier agreement are being adhered to such as pre-paid minimums, quantity breaks, lead times etc.
- Collaborates with marketing and oversees visual representation of the product lines in all marketing material including catalogs, e-com, promotions etc.
- Responsible for overall strategy for a specific line or brand, including financial targets; must secure support from SiteOne’s leadership and field teams.
o Is the main point of contact for SiteOne (field and field support) for area of responsibility.
o Helps drive top line sales growth with the field team
- Develops and maintains collateral and merchandising materials to be utilized by the field.
- Ensures that safety and compliance listings (UL/ETL, etc.) are complete and up-to-date.
- Develops and communicates brand/LOBs value statements to field team/field support team, and SiteOne customer base.
- Responsible for actively planning and helping implement SiteOne’s LOB Excellence strategy where applicable
- Directly involved with forecasting, procurement, and logistics taking into account demand planning, lead times, and other factors
- Must take the lead with legal to develop and execute any and all required agreements for area of responsibility.
- A proven track record of delivering field alignment and financial performance targets.
Skills We Are Seeking
- Degree in Business / Management discipline or related discipline, MBA preferred
- Product management experience a plus
- 8+ years or more experience in a related field
- Wholesale distribution experience
- Live Goods production experience/background preferred
- Negotiating experience, merchandising, pricing
- Previous sales experience
- Excellent communication, customer service and leadership skills
- Good understanding of accounting fundamentals, such as debits, credits, accounts receivable, accounts payable, budgets, etc.
- Strong knowledge of nursery, especially annual, perennial, and flowering bulb product lines
- Expert understanding of managing product inventory preferred
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.