Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
We are seeking an experienced Regional Nursery Field Buyer to join our team. This position is responsible for negotiating nursery supply contracts with national, regional, and local suppliers.
What you'll do:
- Inspect and secure product needs for assigned branches.
- Manage the execution and processing of the Nursery Pre-Season Management strategy for assigned branches.
- Support the sourcing, inspection and securing of direct ship orders as required by the Regional Nursery Purchasing Manager.
- Support assigned branches with periodic onsite visits to inspect products and assist with management of scrap and Quad E product issues.
- Implement the vendor co-op requirements for assigned suppliers.
- Evaluate each supplier's capabilities to deliver a consistent and reliable stream of product to satisfy the performance standards that meet the company's requirements of cost, quality, availability and service.
- Manage all aspects of assigned vendor relationships to support company's overall objectives.
- Visit suppliers as required ensuring vendor capability, performance, and commitment meet or exceed the company's overall requirements.
- Provide the field and central buying group with regular updates of market trends, gather information on supply within the growing community.
Skills We Are Seeking
What we are seeking:
- Have an understanding of the functions of negotiation and contract writing
- Possess knowledge of plants in a variety of different hardiness zones
- Knowledge of nursery, irrigation and landscape products
- Possess interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout the year
- Strong negotiating skills
- Four-year degree or equivalent
- Possess four to seven years of wholesale nursery and commercial buying experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.