Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
This position will be exposed to the different areas (irrigation, nursery, agronomics, etc.) as well as the different functions of a store.
The SiteOne program is a progressive internship. Our interns will be responsible for spending time in each department of the wholesale distribution operation. You will spend time in the field, warehouse, shipping and receiving, counter sales, as well as shadow an Outside Sales Representative.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to customer questions concerning products, resolves a variety of customer service issues, and process sales transactions
- Respond to inquiries and assists customers with the sale of products over the telephone
- Price incoming product and plant material
- Assist with loading of trucks
- Assist with inventory spot counts and all forms of inventory control at the branch
- Maintain the cleanliness of the branch and stocking the work area with all necessary supplies
- Other duties as assigned which may include driving company vehicle
Skills We Are Seeking
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks
- Basic Plant knowledge
- Ability to find and use resources
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds Consistently
- Must be pursuing a degree in business/management/agriculture/horticulture or discipline or an equivalent combination of education
- GPA 2.5 or higher required
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.