Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
The senior accountant position functions as a key member of SiteOne’s corporate accounting team and includes extensive involvement in financial reporting and month end close processes. This individual will work directly with business partners in the field as well as the finance team to resolve issues, ensure compliance, and deliver reporting analysis and support. The position also provides assistance to the corporate tax group and functions as a point of contact for internal and external audit requests as needed. This individual is expected to be a key contributor to the Company’s internal control activities in support of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Financial Reporting – support SEC and internal financial reporting activities including assisting with the review of accounting standards and the application for SiteOne. In addition, this position will help identify improvements for the filing and disclosure processes.
– Prepare financial statements for internal and external publication (Balance Sheets, Statements of Operations, Statements of Comprehensive Income, Statements of Cash Flows, and Statements of Equity).
– Assist in the preparation of Form 10-Q and 10-K including financial notes and Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A).
– Maintain and review details of stock transactions including stock exercises, grants, and forfeitures, and coordinate with the legal and payroll departments.
– Perform quarterly debt covenant reporting and monthly borrowing base calculations; participate in the annual bank audit.
– Maintain accounting master data including updating chart of accounts and account mapping.
– Identify process improvement opportunities and help drive expanded use of technology, including enhanced use of the Microsoft Dynamics AX accounting and Workiva reporting systems.
– Carry out the accounting duties of varying degrees of complexity related to month end close, account reconciliations, financial reporting, internal and external audit support, and consolidations.
– Prepare timely and accurate account reconciliations for selected accounts.
– Ensure selected general ledger accounts accurately reflect transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles; examples include: trade receivables, sales reconciliations, long-term debt, lease assets, lease liabilities, and lease expense accruals.
– Prepare schedules and journal entries as assigned to facilitate timely monthly close and business unit reporting processes including entries for stock-based compensation, interest rate swaps, and currency revaluation.
– Assist with annual audits, quarterly reviews, preparation of supporting schedules, analyses, and audited financial statement documentation.
– Research technical accounting issues, as needed.
Reporting and Analysis – ensure the accurate compilation, analysis, and reporting of accounting data. This person will provide analysis and reporting for selected balance sheet accounts, as well as assistance with project work and ad-hoc reporting as necessary.
Policies and Procedures – develop, document, implement, and maintain systems, procedures, and policies to ensure proper internal control and compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, including periodic controls documentation updates and testing.
Skills We Are Seeking
· BS in Accounting or comparable business degree is required.
· CPA or CPA track strongly preferred.
· Minimum 4+ years of experience in an accounting role; Big 4 firm or public accounting experience is preferred.
· Minimum 2+ years in an accounting close or reporting role.
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX or similar to larger scale ERP platforms.
· Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge/experience is preferred.
· Experience in environments that have upgraded or replaced ERP systems, as well as experience with reconciling data in connection with system conversions a plus.
· Results Orientation and Energy – demonstrates personal commitment and drive to set and meet high standards and objectives.
· Decisiveness and Judgment – selects well-reasoned actions among complex alternatives in a timely manner.
· Mature Confidence – demonstrates self-awareness and manages emotions in the face of controversy, while staying focused on larger goals.
· Influences Others – Promotes ideas persuasively and works through conflicts, while building positive working relationships.
· Innovative Mindset – generates and delivers innovative solutions in work situations.
· Customer Orientation – ensures that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities.
· Builds Collaboration – develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of team and business goals.
· Technical Accounting Knowledge – applies relevant US GAAP and demonstrates knowledge of emerging accounting and finance issues, other applicable or emerging regulation standards, and corporate governance requirements.
· Systems and Processes – demonstrates knowledge of the financial systems throughout the organization.
· Planning and Organizing – effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
· Communication – demonstrates ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to various audiences.
· Business Partnership – understands the internal and external issues facing business unit clients and uses that understanding to forge partnerships and achieve goals.
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.